not knowing where you are going is the best way to get to somewhere you have never been

welcome to a blog about nothing and everything. enjoy.

Monday, March 15, 2010

I Accept Your Apology, I Think....

Months ago, you heard (unless you were in a coma)that beloved United States professional golfer, Eldrick Tont Woods a.k.a. Tiger, was unfaithful to his super-hot wife Elin. I don't know how, but Tiger got bored of this http://www.golfsetbase.com/images/upload/Image/Elin%20woods.jpg . The infamous "car accident" was the big tip-off to the whole fiasco. Shortly after we hear that Tiger has had a bunch of affairs with random waitresses and other women. The press tried their hardest to get all the dirty, dirt-dirt that they could, but nobody knew the extent of anything for the longest time, as he and the Woods family remained private about everything.

Then one day I'm sitting at home playing the old XBOX. In all honesty, I was playing Tiger '09 and I was just about to play Tiger Woods because it was one of the challenge things and my dad runs up the stairs anticipating Tiger's apology speech. I had no idea that he was about to make a public apology in the first place and "to who?" I wondered. Besides his wicked-hot wife Elin and his family, who did Tiger Woods really need to publicly apologize to? I am not a big fan of adultery or anything, but you know what? Tiger Woods is a grown man. He made his decisions and that is that.

Tiger doesn't need to apologize to...

-the PGA for being unfaithful. People are unfaithful all the time. If the guy that works at Dunkin' Donuts has an affair, he doesn't have to apologize to the company. Do the girls that had the affairs with Tiger have to apologize to their employers too?

-the companies that endorse him. He has made them so much money that they can happily continue without being affiliated with him. It's not like Nike, Gatorade, and all of the others will go broke because Tiger had affairs. They were well-established before he came along.

-all of his fans. perhaps the younger kids that look-up to him, he can state that what he did was wrong, but he isn't the first famous athlete to carry-on after an affair. What about Kobe Bryant? he supposedly raped a 19-year-old girl, and I bet nobody even remembers that happened. Isn't that something that should worry people more? Tiger has consensual sex with women other than his wife and it is the worst thing in the world, but Kobe allegedly rapes a girl and that isn't nearly as bad? this worries me.
For the rest of his fans, he owes no apology. He didn't cheat on us, he was not in some sort of contract with his fans that said he would always do the right thing. As a fan of Tiger Woods, I do not hold this against him in any way. He is still a favorite athlete of mine. A memorable moment for me includes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1I55z-x6zc . Yeah, he's that dirty.

While watching the press conference where he had to embarrassingly state that he had affairs and apologize to people who he owes nothing to, was just sickening. Yeah, he made some mistakes and he is going about fixing them, but does he need to be humiliated in the process? We are talking about a guy that is worth about a billion dollars. Do you know what could be done with a billion dollars? I won't even bother posting the possibilities but if I did, you wouldn't see "embarrassingly apologize to millions of people for private matters" in the list.

So after I watched the unnecessary apology, which did not matter at all to me, I proceeded to play him in the Tiger '09 golf challenge and kicked his sorry ass. If anything, that is what he needed most. So, whatever comes out of this at all, I hope that he continues to play golf, because he is arguably the best athlete in the world. He has accomplished more than anyone else has in their sport ever.

So Tiger Woods, if you are reading this, I give you back your apology. You didn't owe me one. Oh yeah, and if you and your hot wife get divorced, would it be cool if I called her sometime?

No comments: