not knowing where you are going is the best way to get to somewhere you have never been

welcome to a blog about nothing and everything. enjoy.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 03 - Your views on religion

That last one was kind of serious, especially for a fun subject let's laugh through this one. Wait, it's on religion. Well, at least I am not religious

Day 03 - Your view on religion

(Watch me high school this intro.) Religion, as defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, is "the service and worship of God or the supernatural." (Okay, I'm done high schooling)That being said, its harmless and okay by me. That is, until people get involved. People are by far the worst thing that ever happened to themselves. Everyone has their two cents about how everyone else should live and they are jamming these ideas down throats like quarters in an arcade game. More often than you think, they derive from religious beliefs. Even our higher ranking members of society, or at least ones that hold the most power, our politicians, stand firmly with their political beliefs - to the point where it impedes their ability to do the right thing for everyone. I'm not sure if that's what they really believe, or they are too afraid to not side with the book of the lord for public image. Like the polls don't speak for themselves.
People involved with religion also have sex with kids, most notably priests. That's the joke and the disgusting truth.
Religious organizations are a burden to the progress and social evolution in the world today. Religions, as an entity oppress the shit out of women, condemn the gays, and segregate the population as a whole. At what point do we say "this shit sucks" and drop our bibles in the dirt? Speaking of bibles, they were written too long ago be be relevant. They along with organized religions had to have been designed to keep people from running a muck. They outline these rules on what to do and what not to do based on some good principles. The parts that don't apply to us now, the way I see it, were set to over compensate for how crazy people were in the year 100 or whatever. Think of it this way (and I'm paraphrasing my good friend Doug Stanhope) if you were to walk into a used book store and stumble upon a bible without anyone knowing of its existence until you picked it up, how long could you read it until you said "this is stupid." And which would be more likely to happen, you stop reading it because of its inapplicable content to daily life, or say "hey, this is what I've been looking for."?
And what about Bob? - I mean God. Look, I do not know if there is a being greater than us, but considering the odds of living in a infinite universe, there may be, whatever it or they may be. I do feel as though there has to be some being greater than us. There has to be because we aren't so great. The only way that I think, and this is after me pacing the earth for 26 years, that we do see the man in the clouds is at death. Like at the end of a puppet show when the puppeteer comes out and we all clap and say "Great job, you creep. Get a real job." I say that in death we would meet this God figure because he certainly does not appear to be present in life. Take a look around. Things ain't so great in the world. Aside from dogs existing, everything needs a fixing.

I don't think I covered everything. But I've gone too far to look back. see you tomorrow, stupidheads.

Look up, and shake your fists (at God... because of famine and Katrina and the next Nicholas Cage movie and the one after that et cetera),
Jack

No comments: