not knowing where you are going is the best way to get to somewhere you have never been

welcome to a blog about nothing and everything. enjoy.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 07 - A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.

Hey dogfaces, its another post from your favorite coffee enthusiast, Jack Dalton.

This 30 day thing was worst best idea someone else ever gave me. Just saying.

Okay, let's go.

Day 07 - A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.

Well, this one for, I think a lot of people would mention a milestone in their life. Mainly because I think those milestones indicate a step toward the next level of something. A closing of one chapter in their life and starting a new one, which may mean they stopped wearing diapers and switched to pull-ups or something. So, I think I'll mention one of those and something else as well if I can think of something by the time I finish writing my milestone moment.

For my "moment of feeling satisfied with my life" milestone, I would have to say graduating from college. I know it sounds cliche. I hope everyone imagines a bunch of sweater-vest wearing assholes throwing their caps in the air and giving lots of hugs and smiling, but it was only sort of like that. I didn't see too many sweaters cause it was really hot that day, I actually got a draining sunburn. They were some hugs, okay, a lot of hugs and pictures and shit, but there were very, very, few cap throwings. From what I saw, I think I was the only one. I guess everyone wanted to keep their caps and look into their closets everyday and see that cap sitting there and think "the good ole days" and sigh as they got dressed for their real life jobs. But not I. I frisbee'd that thing as hard as I could. Why would I want to hold onto that crap? So, I unfortunately had to take pictures after hatless and sunburnt.

But to be clear, my real feeling of satisfaction came from when I was a few pages left from finishing my final paper. I happened to finish it early and I still was like F this thing. Who cares, right? This is the last hurdle and it going down. So, I got a big glass of whiskey and just typed away thinking this is DONE. I felt like a straighter version of Leonardo Dicaprio on the Titanic when he yells "I'm king of the world!" Only, I facebook'd "I'm going to Africa to get trampled by raging elephants!" It seemed more fitting. One person actually replied, inquiring if I really was going to Africa. And of course I didn't.

My nonmilestone feeling of satisfaction came from buying my first car with my own money. I say this is a nonmilstone moment, because until that point I was already driving one of the family vehicles when I was allowed to, so it didn't feel like when I got my license which would be a milestone. I was a bastard and insisted on buying a car before the summer and I couldn't drive it that summer because I went away to work. This piece of shit was a Pontiac Trans Am, which are only owned by morons who think they are living in the 80's. And when I got back from the summer, I drove this thing for a couple of weeks feeling like a bad ass. I had my jean jacket on and my candy cigarettes, and my transition lens shades (not actually). This was until the car started sounding like a running lawnmower hacking away at a pile of chains. For a few days, I still drove this thing because I was determined to not let the dream of owning a car die. I'm sure someone can relate with that one.

No comments: