not knowing where you are going is the best way to get to somewhere you have never been

welcome to a blog about nothing and everything. enjoy.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day 10 - Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.

It's two days after christmas. Let the "after the holiday" depression set in. Nope. You still have New Year's Eve and day to look forward to. I bet you read that and thought "oh, you know what? you're right. I do feel less happy after the holidays" and felt a little blue, but then I reminded you that there was New Year's to look forward to. And now you are excited. Very excited. Maybe you'll kiss someone on the mouth while the ball drops and you'll feel extra tingly or whatever. Oh, shut up. The idea of that made you feel good.

Okay, I went from doing this every day to a few times per week to whenever I feel like it. So much for a 30 day challenge of writing. I've been writing other things, so I've been busy. Okay, on with it.

Day 10 - Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.

I've got a whole list of places that I'd like to visit, for specific reasons. I can't really imagine moving anywhere, it seems to permanent. I might have to learn a language or change my whole life just to exist somewhere that is different from here. It seems like a lot of work for the same place with a different view. That's why you visit and don't move. Okay, sit back and read my shitty opinions.

1. Belgium - Seems a bit under the radar, You probably won't be bumping into tourists left and right, you never hear anything bad about the people there. They are not cutting off heads and rolling them down stairs. It seems very quaint. Apparently, they make great chocolate, are known for waffles which are delicious, and make their own style of beer which I enjoy consuming. I feel like I could make myself feel quite at home there. Seems like utopia. Everyone probably wakes up and overloads and indulges in the big three that I just mentioned, go to work, nap, indulge again and call it a day. That's perfect. I've never been there but I feel it in the sole of my shoes that I could probably move there, despite the language and culture barrier.

2. Spain - I took some Spanish in high school and college. It would be fun to put it to the test. The ladies over there seem pretty. The sun shines there too. I've heard that they have some nice beaches and even though I sunburn like a piece of bread in a toaster, I give them a shot. I wouldn't go to a bull fighting match, but I would like to see the running on the bulls, which is a bunch of morons trying to outrun a stampede of bulls. You know a bunch of people are getting banged up and I would enjoy watching that happen.

3. Ireland - It seems like a whole mess of people live there. They have these people called pikes or pikies that are a lot like gypsies. I've seen on youtube that they fight a lot and make videos calling each other out. They are also door to door salesmen of whatever bootleg items they probably stole or bartered. It could be a strange thing to witness. But aside from that, I'd love to golf there in the greenest of green places.

4. Amsterdam - If I'm 40 and I have nothing going on in my life, I'm going there and just getting crazy.

5. Peru/South America in general - I want to see Machu Pichu real bad. It should be on the top of the list actually, but I am too afraid as a young white person to go to south america. I think they would get the idea that I might be worth kidnapping, which I'm not, or just humorously worth killing. People seem to go to those places and just turn up missing. I'm not really into disappearing yet.

Aside from that France can kiss my ass. Asia is weird, I'd need a guide of some sort. Africa could be fun, but again, I'd need a guide. They rest of Europe seems like a blur and smearing of itself which doesn't seem enticing to visit.

Work off those extra LBS that you gained.
Jack

No comments: